Monthly meetings, sales quotas, reports and presentations – all these can stress and wear out the average office worker. So, how do you deal with the challenging realities of a 9-to-5 job?
Sometimes, as simple as organising a fun movie night for the entire office will do!
Curling up in a couch, enjoying a light and casual flick on a chilly evening, with a popcorn or hot dog cart nearby, can help people unwind and relax. It’s also a great way to bond with your team. And to help you host a memorable company movie night, we’ve rounded up everything you need below:
1. A great movie. The choice of film can make or break the night. Deciding which movie to watch though, can be challenging, considering that not everyone may share the same taste when it comes to films. You can begin your search by choosing a genre your staff or colleagues would love. From there, you can narrow down your options. For teams experiencing low morale, it would be a good idea to pick a film that focuses on teamwork to inspire everyone.
2. Projector, screen and surround speakers. If you want to feel like you’re in a real movie house, make sure to properly set up your projector, screen and speakers. You can delegate this task to a team member who’s an expert on electronics, or bring in professionals to do it for you.
3. Seating. You would also need plenty of comfortable seating, including bean bags, couches, chairs, as well as pillows so your team can crash wherever they like.
4. Tasty treats. What’s a movie night without some delectable snacks? You can set up your snack bar filled with all your favourite treats, including popcorn, candies, nut bars, and more. Or better yet, look for an event catering specialist offering mobile catering in Sydney or wherever you may be located.
5. Refreshments. Of course, you’ll also need a bevy of beverages. You can serve soda, juice, iced tea, or water. To avoid spills, serve drinks in cups with straws and lids.
6. Movie poster. To complete the movie night vibe, don’t forget to hang posters of films or movie stars in the hallway or doors.
7. Extras. Since most movie nights are held outdoors, it would also be good if you prepare bug and mosquito sprays to keep the unwanted guests at bay.
Having company movie nights every so often is an excellent way to break free from the daily grind and just chill out with the entire team.
If you want to make your movie night more memorable, you can call in Yummy Dogs. One of the leading catering companies in Sydney, we can complete your company event by serving the best and tastiest hotdogs topped with our authentic relishes and toppings. Some of our happy clients include Dell Australia, Hitachi, Puma, Westpac and more. Enquire with us today for more information.